1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, October 29, 2010

Does it look like Grandad's?



This is my Grandfather's push mower. Last year Dad missed his council kerbside collection of large items. He bought it over to our house to catch our collection date. My DH knew as he helped get it out of Dad's car boot that it was not going anywhere. He knows me well.

This is my mower. The handle is bit wonky. I was not careful enough when tracing it out. I think Grandad's 50 + year old mower is in far better state than mine. ;-)Finally another block finished. Can I have an 'E' please?
I have managed to keep stitching and I now have only 3 and a half left to do. Unfortunately they are not the small ones. Still once they are done, it won't take long to do up the blocks.
It has been great seeing everyone's work.
Keep up the good work.
Kayly

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I wished I had one of those old lawn mowers to pop in my garden.........nice work on block E

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi There!!! I have been looking for a copy of the pattern for 'Gardener's Journal' as well as Anni's book 'Simple Pleasures' somewhere here in the US but no luck so far but I'm not giving up because I adore both of them. However, the reason I stopped by to leave you a note was to tell you that I laughed out loud when I saw your Grandfather's mower because when I was a little girl, I used to mow our very, very large yard with a mower almost identical to yours in the photo...except ours was red. Ah...memories, LOL. Really fun memories! Thanks for sharing the photo. Hugs...

Love Bears All Things said...

I would have kept it, too...Your stitching is excellent.

Mama Bear

Grethe said...

Oh,great old lawn mower,both of them,of course! Love you trees with the pretty fabrics:-)

suzitee said...

Go Kayly! Thanks for sharing your mower photo...it's a true classic. You're on the downhill slide now...keep up the great work xxx

Jytte R said...

Yes, it was another time and another world with that lawn mower. Your Orchard looks nice. I am in the middle of mine too.