1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Procrastination is the name of the game......

Have been enjoying reading about fabric choices etc........but can I make mine?  No....although I have the stitchery fabric cut and all the stitcheries traced........so that's a start ..right?  So will sign off this pathetic photo-less little post now and get back in the sewing room and finish sorting through the piles of fabric I have been "auditioning" for this project.  Thought I had better post something about where I was at with this project or I would have Chooky on my case!  

'Til next time.....Lorraine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol,lol

Love Bears All Things said...

Must have a lot of possibles....but you are stitching so that's the important part....
Mama Bear

Jeanette said...

Hard to make decision isn't it. I was so glad when i saw someone offering kits for Tis The Season. I was despairing of finding fabrics. Happy Stitching,

Kris said...

Lol! I know we are all very visual people, but posts without photos are valuable too. I enjoyed this one.

I am impressed with your tracedness and many other bits that tell me you are indeed on track. All I have done is buy my fabrics and, as you know, that takes very little effort on my behalf. You are probably winning!

Marg said...

Join the club!! I have another set of stitcheries I'm working on and I'm almost at a point of having to stitch borders and I don't know where to start. I was lucky this time as I got a kit!! Decisions done for me.

Marg

Chookyblue...... said...

just about to crack the whip............lucky you posted here...........

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Dont worry Lorraine, I dont have my fabrics either....I dont even have my pattern! I am getting rather anxious but will have to sit back and wait. I just hope it is not stuck in a snow bank.
Happy Stitching,
Holly