1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, March 11, 2011

to save confusion..............

I had a email from a SAL follower today.................all your eagerness has rubbed off and they have got fabrics and started stitching...............but I have them a little confused..........
.....so I thought maybe I have some of your girls confused too.............

YES GIRLS I have 3 stitcheries for March and 2 each month after that.

Natalie has designed 13 stitcheries but you only use 12 for the quilt..................so work out what you want to leave out so you have an equal number of light and dark blocks..............

what do you do with the 13th block................

well you could leave one out all together but that is the slack option...............
a better idea is..........
use it to make a project from the book..............
OR
you could modify one of the blocks to make a label for your quilt.............the wreath block would be perfect for this..............take the gloves out and write something in the wreath................

Happy Stitching...............Chookyblue..............

11 comments:

Cardygirl said...

What a great idea to write something in the wreath!

BubzRugz said...

Ditto... great idea
Hugz

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Chooky, great idea about the wreath. I'll have to enlarge that one :)

suzitee said...

Genius Chooky...that's exactly what I'll be doing with my wreath!

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for clarifying.
Mama Bear

By Hoki Quilts said...

Another flash of brilliance Chooky : ))

Isabella said...

Gosh I'm soo dumb I didnt even notice the extra block :)

quiltma said...

Thanks I'm really enjoying this Stitch-A-Long. And I love using the Wreath as a label.
Thanks everyone for making this a fun time.
Super Thanks to Chookyblue!

Marg said...

Excellent idea for label. I want to try the photo album as well.

Marg

Vicky said...

That's a great idea!! I was wondering what to do with the extra, and now I know .. lol ..

Quilt Kitty said...

Brilliant idea Chooky. I didn't want to use the wreath block as it is the only one without a border but to use it as a label is just perfect! Tracee xx