1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tis the Season Blocks

I finished piecing the Tis' the Season blocks and they are ready to be put together in the quilt. Here they are:

tis the seasontis the season (4)tis the season (8)tis the season (3)tis the season (1)tis the season (11)tis the season (2)tis the season (5)tis the season (7)tis the season (6)tis the season (9)tis the season (10)

Here are the fabrics I will be using for the final border and the binding. I have not decided for sure if I am going to do the smaller border yet.

tis the season (12)

I am very pleased with the how the blocks turned out. I did not go with what I wanted to originally use, which was homespuns. My husband helped me out, he is really good at it. We spent a large chunk of Saturday night pulling down fabrics to find the right ones. I hoped to have the top pieced tonight.

I stitched the Wreath block also but I have not decided what I am going to make with it yet.

Thanks Chooky and all of you for being so supportive of everyone in the group and giving us a kick in the bottom when we needed it!

Later - Jennifer

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! All your greens and reds look great together!

BubzRugz said...

Looks fantastic... well done to both you and hubby...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

well done they all look gorgeous

Anonymous said...

jennifer it looks magic,well done

Vickie said...

wow Jennifer your blocks look fantastic and your border selection is awesome,cheers Vickie

Vicki ♥ said...

They all look fabulous Jennifer and I love your fabric choices :) hugs Vicki

susiloci said...

Que maravilla, yo en estos momentos también estoy terminando una colcha de redwork.

Unknown said...

Thank you all very much for your lovely comments!

Chookyblue...... said...

just love all the red and green blocks......use the wreath for a label.........