1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, November 3, 2012

SKoW progress from Bears' Mum :)

Slowly but surely I am working my way through the SKoW blocks...I have completed the following three- and need to stitch on my pins and stitch down the hexagons and tape measure on the sewing block. Husband and son have gone to Sydney for the weekend, so I plan on setting up on the dining room table today!! Ironing board, cutting mat, machine and fabrics...I can't wait!

Changed words to " our garden "


Bear the labrador and Hazel cat :)


Kate and I...

Changed words to "quilting" and made hexies...just need to stitch them down, the tape and add my pins!

I have five more blocks to go. I am keeping the travel bag, but changing the other four. Last night I traced three blocks onto vlisofix, so will be getting them ready to stitch today. Have a happy weekend guys!!!

Cheers, Suze.

PS- Thankyou to Chooky for running this stitch a long. It is my first time and I have enjoyed it immensely. While I am dissapointed in myself for not meeting the deadline, I will not stop stitching!! I am not renound for finishing...cough cough...shutup Kate....but am on a mission as I am booked in to have it quilted. I have enjoyed reading everyones posts, commenting and receiving comments from other quilters. It feels really nice to be part of such a warm, friendly group of like-minded people. I hope that one day I will get to meet some of you, but until then will keep in touch via posts. Perhaps another stitch a long next year if it happens....please let it happen...  I have enjoyed stitching and sewing again, for probably the first time in 2-3 years, so for that "Thankyou." Love to all xo

8 comments:

Larissa said...

Your blocks are fabulous Suze!!! I really love how you have adapted the sewing block to suit you personally!! I also look forward to seeing your other blocks as they grow! ... Keep at it! Looking forward to seeing your finish!!!

Show and Tell said...

They all look great especially the one with you and me.... Loving the hexi's on your quilting block... Another new obsession... Don't worry if you don't finish in time to have it quilted because I am sure that I can use your booking for you... Wa ha ha! Just kidding, you will have it together before you know it... Lucky for you I have one just the same or I would be insisting that you give that to me to match my hexagon quilt ;)

Fabric Quilt Shop said...

Looking good. Love the dog and cat by the tree.

Love Bears All Things said...

I like all the changes you've made....all of these blocks are great....I know you'll finish before the end of the year.
Mama Bear

Susan said...

Hope your sewing day went well and you made a lot of progress. Cute hexagons.

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Love the hexies!

Chookyblue...... said...

I am so pleased you are enjoying sewing again....no point doing it if it's not fun......keep going your getting there.......

Susie said...

Those hexies and dog and cat are just too cute (hexies seem so much easier to do than the log cabin blocks!! Yet to get those ready). Happy Stitching, Susie