1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can't believe... just a few days.  What a huge rollercoaster the past year has been! 

I'm still stitching away at my blocks (I'm at 3/4 done), but I could not complete the top by tomorrow night. I don't have strips listed on the sidebar because I'm waiting to cut out all those little squares after I've finished the main blocks (trying to use up those charm square bundles). I'm really looking forward to slow winter months here in Michigan to get this top done.

I've learned so much with this quilt - so ambitious to teach myself needle turn applique on such a large project, but each completed block has given me such a sense of pride at a time when I need it most.  I also love seeing your completed blocks - you've helped broaden my horizens and stray away from a fixed pattern.  I also love your color choices and the stories behind them.  I'm looking forward to seeing your progress through the next project also....

Chooky is an amazing leader.  She has made it clear all along that unless the top is finished, one can't participate in the next round (and I fully understand that - this blog is about working together and completing these lovely quilts).  Chooky (and all of you) have been so amazingly supportive - this blog has been some a comfort in a year of turmoil.  Chooky, please keep my name on the sidebar - I will continue to work on my SKoW (it's my priority project) and will let you know when I have updates for you.  Thank you for your patience!

Hears to a happy, healthy New Year, my friends!

Elisa in Michigan



1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for the update Elisa......so many of use have learnt a lot from this quilt....so many of us stepped out of our comfort zones and jumped into the quilt.....I am so pleased you have enjoyed being part of the SAL.........and yes I look forward to seeing your quilt progress and update the sidebar.......