1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, May 7, 2015

I Have a Catch Up Plan

I have a plan.  

I have blanket stitched the outsides of March and April and am now going to applique the centres on.

I will do this over two nights after I finish my night shifts (yep I am doing them....again so soon)

I have cut out and drawn circles and squares for the other months.

I will catch up.




The last couple of months have been stressful here.  I will not go into to much detail but sometimes the last thing I want to do is stitch sometimes, but crossing my fingers things get better here.

I thought this year was going to be a good year.....it still may be..... fingers crossed.  I will divulge into it more at a later date.


9 comments:

Michell said...

.

Unknown said...

Hi Michell, keep going your blocks look great. I too thought 2015 was going to be a great year as 2014 was a shocker. It started out terrible, but we are beating it and showing that we can. We are dealt blows, we are learning from them. Hope your corner turns for you too soon. Hugs xxx

creations.1 said...

Looks like 2015 is not going to be what we had hoped for a lot of us - oh well - we can always stitch!! keep going Michelle - you will catch up with the rest of us - remember slow and steady...

Marg said...

My year has already had some twists and turns that I wasn't expecting. Sometimes it gets very hard. But we are all in this together and that's what gets us back on track. I know I would not be catching up if it wasn't for this group. This would just be another one in a pile of UFOs. Keep stitching and I hope things get better.

Marlene said...

Hi Michell..... The blanket stitch circles are fun aren't they....well, I think so anyway. Congratulations on hanging in there.....me too. Am loving all the encouragement here. Look forward to seeing more of your progress, well done!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

You sound so optimistic and that is the key! Stay positive and it will happen. Stitch when you feel up to it or it will be a chore and not enjoyable. Hope things continue to get better for you. Happy Stitching.

Susan said...

Michell - I hope things are looking up for you - hang in there - hugs
Your blocks look great.

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck catching up Michell....hope we see some more progress going on here very soon........hope everything is ok at home.........

Dawnie said...

Its hard not to be inspired with all these great blocks around us. You will get there